Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation Review

I have been on a search for months to find a good foundation, in my honest opinion if you dont have a good foundation you don't have good makeup, unless you are one of those very lucky ones that has perfect skin. I looked and researched and watched reviews and finally decided on Laura Mercier, unfortunately my local sephora doesnt carry that brand because its not the "boutique" store, I knew I didnt want to order it online so the time finally came over the weekend I was at a sephora that carried her line. It was pretty easy to match up my skin tone and from what I saw she had a big variety of color for different skin tones. 
 I found this image from google with different skin colors, which is weird because the color I got is not on her arm. I ended up with the color caramel which is perfect for my skin tone. Since it's a creme base you need to apply with your fingers to get a good layer and coverage, I also wanted to throw in I did get the oil free since I have oily skin. I did like the coverage and I definitely think its a good building foundation and I liked the look it gave on my face, one thing I did notice is it didnt leave me matte like I had hoped. I plan on picking up a drug store brand of powder for keeping you matte this week and pairing it with this foundation to see if that helps me any. Overall I think this is a great foundation and its right up there with my Makeup Forever HD. I did also buy the Laura Mercier Smooth Focus Pressed Setting Powder - Shine Control, I also didnt get the perfect matte finish from that either but hopefully the new powder that I will be picking up will help with that. Overall I would definitely reccomend this foundation if you are looking for a high end product. The price is a little high i'm thinking it was around $42.00 but if you are like me my makeup last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment